JSXC for Nextcloud¶
JSXC assumes that you are using the same credentials for your Nextcloud and XMPP server.
Go to the Nextcloud admin page:
- BOSH URL
- The URL to your bosh server (e.g.
/http-bind/). Please be aware of the same-origin-policy. If your XMPP server doesn’t reside on the same host as your OwnCloud, use the Apache ProxyRequest as described in our prepare Apache guide.
- XMPP domain
- The domain of your Jabber ID.
- XMPP resource
- The resource of your JID. If you leaf this field blank a random resource is generated.
- TURN url
- The url to your TURN server. You get a free account on http://numb.viagenie.ca
- TURN username
- If no username is set, the TURN REST API is used.
- TURN credential
- If no credential is set, the TURN REST API is used.</dd>
- TURN secret
- Secret for TURN REST API.
- TURN ttl
- Lifetime of credentials.
Internal JSXC XMPP server¶
OJSXC implements a minimal XMPP server, just enough such that JSXC works. It is meant as a starting point, as long as you only run JSXC on Nextcloud. As soon as you require more features (external clients, server-to-server communications, …) you should install a full-fledged XMPP server (they are pretty easy to install).